In this day in age, it’s important to have a strong digital presence on the web. Let’s face it, this is how many businesses are thriving and it’s one of the most convenient ways to connect with your consumers.
You have to be willing to do whatever it takes to completely revamp your E-Commerce site. Your website should engage your audience, have a quality design, and be running rampant with sufficient content. Your content also needs to correlate with the products and services that your company offers.
In order to maximize the efficiency and usage of your site, it needs to be consumer-oriented, no questions asked. One of the easiest ways to accomplish this task is by putting yourself in the mindset of a customer who is looking for some specific product or service.
Once you have sorted through this lens, it will become that much easier to make yourself a formidable business to all of your prospective clients.
Keep reading below for some helpful tips and tricks that you can implement within your own E-Commerce branding scheme:
- Keep track of Functionality: When you’re in the process of revamping your site, make sure that you’re monitoring the progress. It should have functionality options that will allow you to track certain features such as traffic, conversions, and leads. Google Analytics is a very popular tool used for understanding your customers and how your website is performing.
- Social Media: Use social media to your advantage and integrate the different platforms as part of your website design. Doing so will do wonders for increasing your traffic and visibility online. Not to mention, now a day’s many consumers find products and companies through paid social media ads. What’s more, is that you can also link your company’s social media accounts to Google Analytics. This will help you learn the age, gender, location, and interests of your potential customers. This is priceless information for any growing e-commerce company.
- Have Security: Ensure that your security isn’t compromised on your E-Commerce site. Website security is perhaps one of the most important aspects of your business. Every aspect of your design should come readily equipped with security measures in order to prevent something potentially damaging from occurring. If you don’t have good security measures set in place, your customers and their privacy are in jeopardy. What’s more is, if your customers do fall victim to a security breach your business’s reputation is likely in trouble. You will suffer from a damaged reputation and even a significant loss of revenue.
- SEO Implementation: Your content should be appealing and relative to the subject matter. It all needs to blend perfectly on your website so that you can consistently generate and retain traffic on your site.
- Email Marketing: Email marketing is another effective way to find advances within your marketing strategy. Use email marketing to keep your customers up to date on your new products and clearance sales. You can also send personalized thank you notes and limited-time promotions. Email marketing campaigns have also proven to receive great engagement with consumers and improve their overall experience. Not to mention, sending your customers personalized emails will make them more likely to return back to your company.
- Implement Content Management System: It’s important to constantly produce and distribute your own unique, original content. Utilize a content management system to your advantage so that your customers can post and edit content of their own.
- Mobile-Friendly Experience: Many of us rely on our phones for a variety of tasks, this includes surfing the web, making it all the more likely that they will stumble upon your website, depending on what they’re looking for. Because of this, it’s imperative that your site is rendered to be mobile-friendly because we can’t just assume that all of our consumers only use their personal computers to view our content.
- Fast Loading Times: No one wants to wait for an unreasonable amount of time for their site to load. The design should work seamlessly on all platforms, otherwise, you will lose viewers left and right. There are tools that are readily available for you on the web that can check to see how fast or slow your website loads. The resources are available. Now it’s up to you to use them to your advantage.
- Keep it Seamless: This tip mainly applies to larger organizations that have both a virtual store and large physical stores throughout the country. Blending these two customer experiences together to compliment one another is more difficult than it sounds. To make the best possible experience for your customers you need to ensure that your company’s brand is present throughout all outlets. Try to create the design, layout, and decoration of your physical store to embody your already existing online store or vice versa.
- Target Consumers: Once you have a good amount of data from your website users and social media followers, the next step is choosing what to do with it. A one size fits all marketing approach isn’t the most effective way to use your data. First, you need to select who your target audience is. Next, you have to determine which type of marketing strategy they will respond to the most. For example, if you are a women’s clothing designer that is running ads for tight, skinny jeans. Your female viewers may be happy that they are being bombarded with ads for cute skinny jeans. However, all the males that are viewing that ad could probably care less. Wouldn’t you want your ads in front of the audience that is most likely to purchase your product? Of course! This is why targeting your consumers is a very important aspect of revamping your e-commerce website.
These are just a few useful tips and tricks to make the most out of your e-commerce website. If you are inspired by this blog and want more advice I encourage you to continue your research on the topic!