Engaging customers who are initially user on the internet can be really tough. Especially when there is such a
competition in the market, where every website is on their toes to divert organic traffic on their site. In such a
condition, it becomes necessary to enable customers to make minimum efforts to obtain information from a
website. Therefore, presenting the content in the form of images and videos is an effective strategy to grab
- Very often do people remember the name on a card, however it is in the nature of human beings to
remember the visual and audio details of a person. Has it ever happened to you, that you were listening
to some random songs and later all you could remember was the tune of the song with no idea of the lyrics.
- Also, visual details like a white car or the grey suit, are more common phrases of description to a situation
then the name of the car and brand of the suit. That is because the human brain is made to function in a
manner that requires the brain to create shortcuts to make the work easier.
- These shortcuts are not necessarily bad. In fact, they help us in increasing our speed to make decisions.
Taking a note from history, we learn that human beings in the early ages communicated through pictures
and drawings that have later formed the basis of civilization. Pictures and images depict more than words
can tell. The famous quote that, a picture is worth a thousand words hold true.
Do Pictures and Videos support the content or is it the other way round?
- Images and videos catch the attention of a user. However, as the users indulge themselves into a blog
or an article, it is the content that keeps them hooked to the site.
- On the other hand some users, say that they hardly read the blogs and go through the pictures under every
subheading to get an idea of what it is all about. Therefore, any debate on which is more important would
result in a draw.
- Images and videos help the reader to understand better with visual or audio aids. This further enhances the
user experience. Video content is a hit among students who take frequent help from the internet for the
purpose of the study. It is a proven scientific fact that pictures help retain the information for a longer
period in the brain.
- It is a noticeable feature of internet users that they are least interested in reading those big paragraphs.
Adding pictures to support the text is therefore considerably important. When the content is supported
by images, it keeps the readers interested in the topic and motivates them to read until the end.