Smiling, shaking hands, building relationships
It doesn’t take long to recognize that Todd Paton stands out in a crowd.
He’s the fellow in a crowded room who is smiling, shaking hands, and building relationships. And, he’s listening with hopes of helping. It could be a struggling non-profit, a new acquaintance hoping to start a business, or a friend sharing a joke.
Todd exudes confidence and compassion as he makes his way through South Florida’s business, philanthropic, and social communities. As president and founder of Paton Marketing (www.PatonMarketing.com), he recently merged his firm with content marketing and television production company BrandStar (www.BrandStar.com) . The partnership is a perfect match and is already paying dividends on all fronts.
As one of the area’s premier digital marketing and website development companies, Paton Marketing is moving full steam ahead with expanded capabilities and resources to bring success to companies of all sizes.
And, he’s staying true to his roots as an entrepreneur who has experienced the ups and downs which have brought him from the depths of bankruptcy to the founder of several multi-million-dollar companies.
Today, he tells his story with hopes it will help other budding entrepreneurs. His “Dominate Your Industry” workshop is well-known in the area as an educational forum on digital marketing. He’s also the author of “Online Underdog”, a book that chronicles his rocky road to entrepreneurial success.
He was recently named a finalist in the Miami Chamber of Commerce “Good To Great Awards Program. And, he was invited to participate in Google’s exclusive “Elevator Program”. Held at Google’s headquarters in San Francisco, the Elevator Program was attended by owners of the leading digital agencies in the country as a way to educate them on the search engine’s new marketing strategies.
And while Todd has received many accolades for his contributions to the industry, he is at his best when helping others. “Giving Back” isn’t corporate jargon. It’s a way of life and weaved into the culture of his company and employees.
Over the years, Paton Marketing has donated more than $100,000 in services to a Who’s Who of non-profits in South Florida. The following is a sample:
- Boys and Girls Club of Broward County: Todd sits on the corporate board of directors and donates videos to the organization.
- Urban League of Broward County: Todd sits on the board of directors and started the “Entrepreneur Tank,” a “Shark Tank” type event featuring youths presenting a business idea with winners receiving cash prizes. Paton Marketing also donates videos.
- American Diabetes Association: Paton Marketing built a web site for the “American Diabetes Miami Father of the Year” event.
- Biscayne Bay Kiwanis Club: Todd has served as vice president and president of the organization. Built a web site.
- Lotus House: Employees have volunteered many hours for this organization that benefits homeless women. Donated thousands of diapers.
- The Chapman Partnership: Paton Marketing employees volunteer time to this organization which “empowers the homeless.” Activities include feeding residents and reading to children.
- Neat Stuff: Paton Marketing has volunteered time and donated book bags to this organization which provides new clothing to abused and neglected children in distress.
- SCORE: Todd counsels aspiring entrepreneurs and gives his monthly work shop – “Dominate Your Industry” – to members.
- Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau: Paton Marketing built a web site for the organization and designed email campaigns.
- Honor Flight: Has created videos for this organization that takes World War II veterans to Washington DC for a variety of events.
- Cocktail With Heroes: Is building a web site for this South Florida-based organization that honors World War II veterans.
- 5th Annual South Florida Charity Golf Classic: Providing videos for this golf tournament that benefits military veterans.
So, the next time you’re in a crowded room, look for Todd Paton. He’ll be easy to find. And, he’ll be happy to help you out. It’s what he does.