With the increasing popularity of social media platforms and other online sharing platforms, video marketing content has become essential for any business.
Without any professional experience in videography, creating this content can be a daunting task. Whether you choose to hire a professional or try to DIY it, the video content you acquire will benefit your company for years to come.
If your company hasn’t already created and published video marketing content, continue reading this post to learn how you can up your marketing game!
Types of Marketing Videos
Before you start filming, create a list of business goals so you can have a starting place for any marketing efforts. Whether you want to build brand awareness, drive traffic to your website, or increase sales, there is a type of video that can help you!
- Demos: If you are promoting or selling a product, creating a demo video is a great way to show your products in great detail.
- Event Recaps: If your company recently hosted or attended an event relevant to the audience, an event recap video is a great way to show consumers what the company has been up to.
- Expert Interviews: Interviews with external experts is a great way to build trust with consumers and will usually accrue more views as audiences will be interested in hearing from thought leaders.
- Testimonials: Previous customers are one of the most influential effects on marketing a product or service. If you have any customers that have given your company a raving review in the past, they may be willing to participate in a testimonial video.
- How-To: Some of the most searched videos start with “How To.” Whether you are educating the audience on a product or service of yours or are simply answering a common question that your audience may have, this type of video is sure to accumulate views.
- Live: Live videos have become a popular aspect of many social media platforms. Sharing a live video with your audience will help build trust, as the audience will feel like they are right there with you.
Depending on your business and marketing goals, go through the above videos to start planning how your video content will be filmed.
The first and most important step in creating video marketing content is the planning stage. This planning stage will guide the creation, editing, and publishing of your video content.
Determine your Goals
First, you should revisit what your ultimate goals are. Ask yourself, what do you want the audience to do after watching the video? With your goals still in mind, determine who your target audience is. The target audience is important not only for the platform you publish the video content on but also for filming and editing.
Create a Timeline
Next, create a timeline with a deadline. If you are hiring a professional to create video content, collaborate with them to decide on a realistic deadline. If you are creating video content yourself, keep in mind your capabilities to not stress yourself out too much.
Determine the budget
The most dreaded part of the planning process might be determining the budget. Video content does not have to be expensive, and the budget should ultimately depend on your goals. Before deciding on a budget, it is important to research to come up with a reasonable number.
Measure the success
Finally, think about how your company will measure success in terms of the video content. While the achievement of some goals can be easy to recognize, others may not be. Determine the measurement of success beforehand so you can map out performance indicators.
Pick Your Video-Sharing Platform
While you may think that creating a script or planning out graphics should be the next step, it is crucial to choose what platforms you will publish your content on beforehand. We will be looking into some of the most popular video-sharing platforms and giving you an overview of each.
- Facebook: With roughly 2.85 active monthly users, Facebook has become a popular place for consumers to conduct brand research. Facebook is also a great place to run paid ads, with targeted plans for you to choose from.
- Instagram: Owned by Facebook, Instagram is another popular place to share video content, with over 1 billion active monthly users. Instagram is an excellent place for videos under 60 seconds, but Instagram video ads should be kept short and sweet to captivate the audience.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is a popular platform for businesses and professionals, so if this is your target audience, LinkedIn is a great place to publish video content. Many people look to LinkedIn to learn new skills or learn about businesses, so keep this in mind.
- YouTube: The most recognizable video sharing platform, YouTube has been a popular choice for searching videos for over 15 years. If you are creating a demo or how-to video, YouTube is a great platform.
- Twitter: Social media experts suggest keeping Twitter videos between 6-8 seconds, as Twitter users often scroll through tweets quickly. If you are choosing to utilize Twitter, make sure your videos have captions.
- TikTok: One of the newest but fastest growing video platforms is TikTok, whose audience is largely made up of users under 30. TikTok is a great place for both organic and paid media, especially targeting younger audiences.
Don’t Forget Marketing
While it is hard to create a comprehensive guide to video marketing when there are so many platforms, types of videos, and goals, here are a few essential things to almost any marketing video.
- Editing: How you cut your videos will significantly influence how long the audience will pay attention.
- Optimization: Each platform requires different optimization strategies, so make sure you research before publishing.
- Sound: Sound and background music needs to be optimized just as much as the visual footage does.
- Captions: Captions are often overlooked when it comes to video marketing, but many consumers rely on captions to better comprehend and understand video content. Facebook
If you require video marketing content, our experts at Paton Marketing would be happy to help you create captivating content that will benefit your company for years to come! .